I think that 2015, was a pretty decent year of reading for me. According to Goodreads, my average rating was 3.8 stars! Dang! I probably should’ve expected it to be high considering some of the great series I read this year – Harry Potter and Unwind, for example. 😀 Although I wasn’t able to complete my reading challenge of 60 books, I was still able to read 46, which is a miracle considering I was barely at 24 by the beginning of November. This survey was created by Jamie @ Perpetual Page Turner.
Number of Books You Read: 46
Number of Re-reads: 0
Genre You Read From The Most: Young Adult
1. Best Book You Read in 2015?
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I literally can’t shut up about this book. Markus Zusak, is a genius! This book is so incredible, that I can’t even formulate words to describe its beauty.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Divergent by Veronica Roth. It was good, but not great. With all the hype surrounding it, I expected it to be fantastic. It definitely fell short of my expectations.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have to Kill You by Ally Carter. Surprising in the best possible way! I thought it’d be awful, but it was pretty clever and cute. A thoroughly entertaining Middle Grade book. 😀
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabba Tahir. When I love a book, I borderline threaten everyone I know to read it.
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
The best series I started (and finished) this year is undoubtedly, Harry Potter. Best sequel would have to be Unwholly by Neal Shusterman. And, the best series ender, is none other than Winter by Marissa Meyer.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
Markus Zusak! I really need to get my hands on his other works.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Autobiography: A Story of a Soul: The Autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. Do I really need to explain why I couldn’t peel my eyes from the pages? Haha.
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. With the movie coming out next November, I’ll most likely re-read this sometime in 2016.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Winter by Marissa Meyer. It’s so pretty! ❤
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Hmm…most memorable, eh? Well, I’m going to go with the Boy Who Lived, Harry Potter.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Uh oh, I’ve gotten to the point of this survey, where I keep repeating my books. Hands down, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. See!? I have to keep repeating books I’ve already mentioned in this post!
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
I’m just going to say the entire Harry Potter Series, because it really is a shame that I took nearly 7 years to decide it was time
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
“I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.” – Markus Zusak, The Book Thief.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most?
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. That cliffhanger! I remember internally screaming…Oh, believe me, I would’ve screamed out loud if it wasn’t 1 in the morning.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Connor and Risa from the Unwind Dystology by Neal Shusterman.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year?
Cinder and Thorne from Winter by Marissa Meyer. I’ve loved their platonic friendship throughout the whole Lunar Chronicles.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously?
Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods by Rick Riordan.
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure?
I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have to Kill You by Ally Carter. I NEVER would have picked this up, if it weren’t for my little sister.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Aww man, this is a really hard one. After much deliberation, I decided on Elias Venturias from An Ember in the Ashes by Sabba Tahir.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
So, is anyone tallying how many times I’ve mentioned An Ember in the Ashes? 😉
24. Best World building/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Harry P–just kidding. The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau. It’s not necessarily that the setting is outstanding, but it’s so detailed! I love it.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods by Rick Riordan. This book is pretty darn funny. Percy’s snarky remarks are hilarious!
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Prior to reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, the only Gothic novel I had read was Frankenstein, and that is the worst piece of garbage my eyes have ever seen. So, Wuthering Heights was a nice little find.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Ha! Now, I can say The Book Thief!
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
Unwind by Neal Shusterman.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
Probably a rant, haha. Umm, let’s see…Winter (click the link to see my review). Stars, that book was fantastic.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Seasons of Book Blogging Tag. I had a ton of fun doing this tag.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Having Winter signed by Marissa Meyer, of course! *mumbles under breath* And that’s the only bookish event I did this year, anyway…
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
When I was tagged for my first award. The Liebster Award.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Just finding the time to write reviews and posts! I’m dreading Monday morning…
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My first post! Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Review. 😀
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My post on getting Winter signed by Marissa Meyer. *Nudge*
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Overdrive! In case you haven’t heard of it, it’s an online ebook library!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
Stars Above by Marissa Meyer.
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie. I am anticipating A TON of debuts next year, so this was a very difficult decision.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
A Torch Against the Night by Sabba Tahir. I want this sequel so badly! And the date got pushed back to August! What the heck!? I’m dying to see what the cover will look like.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
I want to read a 100 books, but…that seems a little improbable.
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone?
I’m afraid I haven’t read an ARC’s from 2016…*cries in a corner*