Hey dolls! I finally accomplished what I sought to do since I began blogging … I posted at least once a day for a full month! Do you see those fireworks in the sky!? They’re obviously there to celebrate this momentous feat of mine. I shockingly managed to read a handful of books, despite my constant studying for midterms. I participated in #SCAREtober, which was an absolute blast, and even read a few spooky books! Perhaps the most exciting development to happen this month … drumroll, please … I requested a physical ARC and was approved! Is this a dream come true? I have an awful fear of being rejected by publishers, so I can’t describe the sense of relief and excitement I felt when I received an email informing me that I was accepted. As far as life happenings are concerned, I attended my first football game (an amazing experience!), dressed as Wendy Darling for Halloween with my boyfriend (Peter Pan – sadly, I couldn’t persuade him to wear tights hahaha), and visited Disneyland.
I read a grand total of 8 books this month – two of which were short stories. An amusing statistic I noticed was that I read two of each star rating this month (i.e., two 5-stars, two 4-stars, etc.). My average rating was 3.5 stars! This is lower than usual, but A Gathering of Shadows and The Graveyard Book have certainly become a few of my favorites! I’m hoping to finish a few of the novels I had on my TBR this month, in November, so fingers crossed!
Legendary (Caraval #2) by Stephanie Garber // Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa // Thunderhead (Scythe #2) by Neal Shusterman // Perfect Harmony by Emily Albright // The Lost Sisters by Holly Black // Where Do The Children Play by Tom Evans // Dracula by Bram Stoker // Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens by J.M. Barrie // The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman // The Girl with the Red Balloon by Katherine Locke
- My 1000 Followers Post & Giveaway
- Characters I’d Love To Have Tea With | Top Ten Tuesday
- Let’s Talk About … The Pros & Cons of ARCs – Are They Truly So Glamorous?
- Aesthetically Pleasing Fall Book Covers | Top Ten Tuesday
- The Greek Mythology Book Tag
- Let’s Talk About … Blogger Etiquette
- Let’s Talk About … Sequels Affecting Your Overall Feelings About A Series
- Supernatural Tropes So Bad They’re Almost Good … But Not Really
- Let’s Talk About … Fictional Slang And Why Its A Recurring Element In Novels
- Quite the Quote | Sometimes People Are Beautiful Just in What They Are
- Villains Award Tag // In Which I Admit My Love For Antiheroes & Scoundrels
Merline from Merline Reads shares how to Survive Waiting For A Book Release
Mia from The Cosy Reader provides advice for Cosying Up Your Bookstagram
Swetlana from Caffeinated Bookworm talks about 5 Types of Readers
Clara from Bookworm of Notre Dame shares tips for Coping with a Bad Day
Sophie from Sophie’s Corner shares her NaNoWriMo Survival & Self Care Guide
Kaleena from Reader Voracious provides a Social Media Guide for Bloggers
Krysta from Pages Unbound discusses how Some MG Book Are For Teens
Vicky from Vicky Who Reads discusses how YA Books Isolate Teens
- Read Kingdom of Ash! Am I ready for this series to end? No, not at all.
- I truly long to dive into my bullet journal again!
- Finish my reading goal! I’m only 4 books away!
- Be more active on Twitter and Bookstagram.
Thanks for reading dolls! How was your October? What were some of your highlight this month? What were your favorite books you read? Let me know in the comments!
Instagram | Twitter | Goodreads | Bloglovin